Top photo: Wander progress..got the belt portion somewhat done. i chose to do something a little different with it since his belt has no noticeable closure on it. I wanted to make it look gross since *painful sigh* yes i will be making this dirty.
While we’re on the topic of dirty, lets discuss deer carcasses shall we? It smelled horrible like me after taco and bean night. Honestly i expected that but i wasnt sure HOW bad it would be since i didnt know how much tissue was left. There was definitely tissue left behind. The deer died of unknown causes. I’m assuming sickness/injury. Not entirely sure though. It’s been dead since january this year. I started working on cleaning the bones and had them in a larger tub. The smaller bucket was just what i used for blanching them in cold water after the hydrogen peroxide bath. I had to pull off alot of tissue still (h202 helps loosen the tissue) and made a new h202 bath. I’ll be pulling them out tomorrow morning so i can let em dry outside.
Last, my husband’s vest. I had some leftover leather from my sandals,headband, and wristbands (and i STILL have leftovers and i’m not complaining!). I was a little bummed on his right side, the piece i cut out, had a big blemish on it. I don’t think its quite as noticeable. I also made the kilt he’s wearing but that’s a year and a half old. :)